Monday, June 16, 2008

Photo of the Week (June 15, 2008)


Greetings from Irvine, California, USA!
Photo taken on Tuesday, June 10, 2008.

This was the final week working on the special projects for my friend’s business. As the case is usually, regardless of all the work that you already put in, the last week is always the busiest. I would have stayed late to make sure that I got everything completed but I had one of those weeks when every evening was booked.

I know a group that plays beach volleyball every Monday evening through the summer months of June, July & August. I missed the first one last week but went this time around. Despite my love for the sport, this was only the second time this year that I had played but I look forward to making it a weekly ritual again.

Tuesday evening I was at the University of California, Irvine campus. The School of Social Sciences, where I got my undergraduate degree in Economics, held an event that included a tour of an under-construction building. This week’s photo shows a warning sign, “Stripping in Progress” and several poles in the background. Construction workers removed or “stripped” the wooden molds used in shaping the concrete walls and floors/ceilings. The poles support the ceilings while the cement continues to harden enough to support itself. Sorry, no scantly clad dancers or dollar bills involved.

Wednesday was a dinner for another group and Thursday was a double whammy. First was a networking event at an employment agency with which I have worked previously. That was followed by a meeting with a philanthropic group to discuss the ChildSpree community project. Friday was another pair of events. I went to the restaurant Javier’s where a friend was having a dinner to celebrate her birthday. I was there only for the pre-meal happy hour but didn’t even have a drink before I headed back to the beach for more volleyball with another group.

The weekend was spent at my parents’ house. My parents left for a trip to Las Vegas on Thursday evening, back on Sunday, just in time for Father’s Day. After a week like this, I did nothing but lounge. Wouldn’t you?

Angelo